Thursday, May 6, 2010

All Clear

Thanks to Sondra Epstein, I just got the results of the pathology report -- and there is no cancer in the lymph nodes or the other sections of the lung that were removed.

When I left the hospital, around 1 pm, they still didn't have the report. I called a couple more times until Dr De Hoyos nurse was really pissed off. So I decided to go another route. As previously blogged. through Sondi and her friend Maria Bechilley, the president of the hospital had come to see me, gave me a card and asked me to call him if I needed anything. (Well, maybe he didn't actually say that, but what the hell.)

So when I got nowhere with the doctor, I called Stephen Falk, spoke to his secretary and told her that I was trying to get the lab report. She got Betty Buck in patient relations to call pathology. Betty not only called them, and got them to post the results, she got them to call Dr. De Hoyos as well.

So at 4:45, I got the all clear. Obviously, my family and I are much relieved.

Tomorrow, I will get my hair done. Then on to my nails.

Thank you for all your prayers and well wishes.

2 comments:

  1. I was really enjoying my role as resident blogger but by the day after surgery it was clear Judi was well enough to do her own blogging and was not going to surrender control again. Anyway, Arizona obviously needed me to return at least to bitch about what is going on even if I don't do anything about it.
    Judi has demonstrated that even cancer doesn't stand a chance against her goal setting, eye on the ball, determination. I am sure that the staff of Northwestern hospital share our sentiments that they are very glad that Judi is home. Don't go there if you want a healthy low cal, low carb meal but if you want to get well, I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete