Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Taking a Breather

Got a little better explanation of surgery today. In addition to the upper right lobe, they took wedges from the middle and lower lobes as well as samples of lymph nodes around the lung and the bronchial tube. They biopsied frozen sections, which were clear. They still have to send to lab, which is the ultimate determinant. If these test are clear, I am home free. We won't know for sure until Thursday or Friday, but it looks good.

I am not in much pain even though I still have a tube in the lung, and I am starting to walk to halls. I also do my breath exercises, which are crucial to recovery.

The staff here has been great. Although they wake you up around 3:30 a.m., then don't feed you until 7:30. I enjoy your emails and blog comments. Keep them coming.


5 comments:

  1. I am using the HSIC account to post this.

    Glad to hear everything is going well! I was thinking of you on our way home from Mexico, which was fun! Traveling with the kids was not as bad as I thought it would be. However, if I had to choose between kids and a dog, I would pick the dog b/c you can sedate it (there was one on our flight to Dallas).

    Anyway, keep up those breathing exercises so you can go home! Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and will track your recovery through the blog! Hope you have a nice day with Phyllis today

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judi, the idea is to go back to sleep when they come in at 3:30 to tend to their nursing duties. Hope you are able to do some walking today. Now I miss being part of all the day to day details.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad things are going well! Knew you could do it. How are you handling the food situation? I can't picture you eating things like Jello and salisbury steak. Do they serve popcorn?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Food is amazingly bad. The best thing I've had is whole wheat toast with peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete